18 December 2001
314A Illini Union
(refreshments at 2:00)
Paula Kaufman, presiding
1. Chancellor Nancy Cantor and Provost Richard Herman
b. Discussion and Questions
2. Approval of the 20 November 2001 faculty meeting minutes (draft posted on LIBNEWS-L on 12/14/01; revisions posted on LIBNEWS-L on 12/18/01)
3. University Librarian's Report (Paula Kaufman)
4. Committee reports
Executive Committee (Beth Sandore)
Faculty Review Committee (Beth Woodard)a. Announcement of new Chair for 2002, Pat Allen
b. Recommendations regarding compliance with Communication #211.) Option for broader periodic review of tenured faculty:c. Reformatting of Annual report form to comply with Communication #212.) Discussion of Option for Broader Periodic Review procedure
- Individual or University Librarian requests broader review by January 15 (same date as decisions for promotion).
- University Librarian, with advice of EC, appoints Visiting Committee by February 15 (same date as annual reports due and Visiting Committees appointed for promotion cases)
- Visiting Committee for Broader Periodic Review has until April 1 (deadline for Visiting Committee Reports) to complete a more extensive evaluation, interviewing individuals on campus and outside evaluators, as appropriate, in areas of librarianship, research, and service.
- FRC examines this report in addition to the annual report in considering merit evaluations, due by May 1 to the University Librarian.
3.) Vote1.) Replace section I, Librarianship/Instruction format, which is now consistent with the Dossier format, to a narrative discussion of how the individual has contributed to the Library's Strategic Plan in the reporting year.d. Upcoming Annual Report and Promotion and Tenure Dossier Session for untenured faculty on Wednesday, January 30, 2002, 1:30-3:30 in Grainger Commons.
2.) Expand section IV, Self-assessment, to include "plans for the future" as stated in Communication #21.
4. Other reports
5. New business