Library Committee Handbook

 

CHARGE & MEMBERS

 

EXHIBIT CALENDAR

 

MEETING MINUTES

2013-2014
2012-2013
2011-2012  

2010-2011  
2009-2010

INFORMATION
FOR EXHIBITORS 


EXHIBITION REQUEST FORM

GUIDELINES
HANDOUT 


 

Exhibitions Committe Meeting Minutes 13 December 2011

Exhibitions Committee Meeting Minutes
3:00pm, Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Present: Chris Johns, Jody Waitzman
Absent: Lonnie Clark, Pat Miller

1. Monitoring update (Jody)

Environmental monitoring data for exhibit display cases lives here: G:\PresConsPublic\Exhibits\Environmental Monitoring

Dataloogers
North-South corridor data is for the last 12 months.
Marshall Gallery data is December 2010 – March 2011


Blue wool cards
Installed approximately August 2010, pulled December 2011, new labels will be made for replacement cards (Jody will make and email to Chris).

Housekeeping

Supplies: List was updated to reflect additional items

Order items: Re-inventory wire stands. We seem to have lost all but 6 or so small (3-inch) stands, and need more. Also, some middle range, especially with deeper capacity (for thick volumes). Chris will order these.

Fleece: Jody will grab from 44 and move to the exhibit supply cabinet.

2. GA Contest

Last year’s letter of invitation to Library graduate students to submit an exhibit concept for the contest is located: G:\Exhibits\GAContest. We did a round-1 edit of the letter, Chris will send this out to the committee for a round-robin review and final edit, then Pat can prepare to send out/publicize immediately after the January ExCom meeting, in good timing for the beginning of the spring 2012 semester.

3. Scheduling

We have June, July and August of 2011 to secure exhibits for, and will brainstorm potential units on campus who may be interested in setting up a display during those months. Lonnie and Chris will get rolling on the FY13 schedule, so we may review our openings at the January meeting.

Prairie Research Institute (Chris will contact LeAnn Benner at ISGS) and the Sustainable Student Farm (Chris will contact Zach Grant) were mentioned as possible exhibitors for the 3 upcoming summer months.

4. Other business

Jody volunteered to build some risers for our display cases over the winter break. Chris will send her the notes from Scott Schwartz about sizes and construction that he used for the Sousa Archives, however Jody will probably use lighter materials than what Scott did.