Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 03-03-2014

Executive Committee                                   DRAFT

 

MINUTES

March 3, 2014

1:00-3:30pm

428 Library

 

Present: John Wilkin, chair; Bill Mischo, vice-chair; John Wagstaff, secretary: Tim Cole, Mary Laskowsk, Nancy O’Brien, Carissa Phillips, Chris Prom, Jennifer Teper; Visitors-Beth Namachchivaya, Sue Searing, Tom Teper; Recording: Kim Matherly

 

1.                   1:30-2:00 AULs

  1. a.      Organizing the Library to make a stronger connection between goals and results

EC and the AULs discussed becoming organized in a way that allows us to be effective within the University and the Future Excellence Program.
 
The discussion centered around where we are, where we want to be and how best to get there. Some specific points included:
 

 
Discussions will continue.
 
2.                  Approve Minutes from February 24
Minutes were approved by a motion from John Wagstaff, seconded by Jennifer Teper.
 
3.                  Question Time
John Wilkin should have the rest of the reports from the January Unretreat by the end of the week and John will send them out to EC and the AULs when he has all of them.
 
The Open Access to Research Task Force will have its first meeting on 3/17. John is waiting for reports from those members.
 
John will be meeting with the Provost later this week, but doesn’t expect the hiring plan to be approved by then. In the meantime we will move forward with the process of hiring the new UniHigh librarian.
 
EC will be meeting with the candidates for the Head of the Law Library in the next few weeks.
 
A personnel issue was discussed.
           
The job announcement for the HPNL Librarian was discussed. Any further comments should be sent to Tom Teper.
 
John Wilkin will have the budget document to EC soon.
 
4.                  Role of “Specialized” Faculty in the Library

EC discussed how this document could impact Library faculty. John Wilkin and Bill will introduce this as a discussion topic at the next Library Faculty meeting, and ask for input.