Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 10-21-2011

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

October 21, 2011

1:30-3:00pm

428 Library

 

Present:  Paula Kaufman, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Beth Woodard, Secretary; Paula Carns, JoAnn Jacoby, Chris, Prom, Lynne Rudasill, Sarah Shreeves, Greg Youngen; Visitors – Beth Sandore, Scott Walter

 

 

  1. 1.                 1:30-AULs

The task force has hosted two open meetings and will host one additional meeting. They have also met with the Library Senate Committee and the University Librarian’s Student Advisory Council.

 

After the last meeting the task force will send a final version to EC to approve and then it will be posted to the Library and to e-Week.

 

The plan is not ready yet.

 

EC wanted to see if people are taking advantage of the AULs’ office hours.

 

Beth and Tom have been receiving comments about the ORR change. EC talked with them about how to address some concerns; one concern being that more public service representation should be on CAPT. A representative from User Ed or Reference Services will be asked to join the group in an ex officio role.

 

  1. 2.                 Approve minutes from October 3

Minutes were approved as submitted.

 

  1. 3.          Question Time

Division Coordinators may need to be reminded that as faculty retire from their divisions, the Coordinator needs to send a letter to EC requesting that the faculty member be granted emeritus status.

 

  1. 4.                 Discussion items for next Faculty meeting (10/26)

 

  1. 5.                 Behavioral Sciences Position Approval

EC discussed the degree requirements and/or subject experience for the position with Scott Walter. They suggested moving the degree requirement from preferred to desired.

 

  1. 6.                 Assign substitute PRC member during a sabbatical and assign PRC for member who is leaving

New members were suggested. Paula will contact the members and ask them to serve.

 

  1. 7.           Replace member on User Education Committee

A new member was suggested. Paula will contact the member and ask them to serve.

 

  1. 8.           Distinction Between Faculty, AP, and Staff Positions revision (now

called Distinctions in Expectations)– Lynne Rudasill, Sarah Shreeves

Sarah will make the suggested changes and send out a final draft.

 

  1. 9.                 Map and Geography Library name change

EC discussed the name change. An EC member will follow-up with Jenny Johnson regarding some questions and this will be discussed at another meeting.

 

  1. 10.            Proposal for a Search Committee Pool (David Ward and JoAnn

Jacoby)

This will be discussed at the November faculty meeting.

 

  1. 11.             Tenure evaluation proposed changes (FRC)

This will be discussed at a future meeting.

 

  1. 12.      Zero time appointment (Greg Youngen)

This will be discussed at a future meeting.

 

  1. 13.            Title Change request

This will be discussed at a future meeting.

 

  1. 14.      Awards and Recognitions Task Force (Beth Woodard)

This will be discussed at a future meeting.

 

 

Email

Preservation position announcement 10/5/2011

Nomination for 1 year term on Campus P&T Committee 10/11/11

Approved 1-yr visiting AP in IT – 10/20/11