Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 07-23-2012

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

July 23, 2012

12:00-3:00pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, chair, David Ward, Vice-Chair, Paula Carns, JoAnn Jacoby, Mary Laskowski, Chris Prom, Lynne Rudasill,; Recording-Kim Matherly

 

  1. 1.                  Approve minutes from June 19

Minutes were approved with a motion by Lynne Rudasill, seconded by Paula Carns.

 

  1. 2.                 Question Time

EC received one application for the LIS interim position. EC will set up an interview with the individual.

 

Because we have so many searches it is sometimes difficult to find enough minority individuals to serve on all the committees and serving on multiple search committees can be a significant burden to our faculty from underrepresented populations. Campus will now let us appeal to the Provost’s office to have a search committee without a minority if no one is available.

 

Beth Sandore, Sue Searing, Mary Laskowski and Lynne Rudasill met to discuss the space proposals. They will have a recommendation by the next EC meeting.

 

There is a donor who has left money for a reading room. We might think about incorporating a reading room in part of 230 or 246 when the money becomes available.

 

Paula K., Rod Allen, and Susan Edwards have been working on the budget. It is due 7/27/12.

 

3.                 Discuss topics for next AUL/EC meeting (8/6)
a.     Review process for next year for AULs.
b.     Humanities Space
 
4.                 Innovation Fund Proposals (due 6/30)
There were no proposals. There will be another call for proposals in the fall.
 
5.                 Title changes – report by Sarah, David and Beth
Sarah, David and Beth generated some guidelines for different titles and suggestions for discontinuing some titles and changing others. Chris will talk to some faculty who will be affected by the changes, but did not turn in a title change request, to get their input. Once that is done, EC will post the document for comment.
 
6.                 DSTF Revised Final Report
EC accepted the report and will move forward with the merger of the Physical Sciences and Engineering Division and the Life Sciences Division. Paula K. will ask Mary Schlembach and Pat Allen to take next steps toward the merger. AC will also look at the recommendation to establish training and ensure consistent evaluation processes for division coordinators.
 
7.                 SAC charge and membership
EC discussed the charge and membership and will ask Sue Searing to attend an EC meeting for further discussion.
 
8.                Library Assessment Committee charge and membership
EC approved the charge and membership and Paula K. will suggest to
Sue that she consider an additional member to serve.
 
9.                 PRC for Faculty

Members were recommended and Paula K. will contact them.