Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 06-19-2012

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

June 19, 2012

9:00am-12:00pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, chair, David Ward, Vice-Chair, Beth Woodard, Secretary, Paula Carns, Mary Laskowski, Lynne Rudasill, Sarah Shreeves; Visitors-Beth Sandore, Jeff, Schrader, Sue Searing, Tom Teper; Recording-Kim Matherly

 

1.                  Approve minutes from June 11
Minutes were approved as submitted.
 
2.                 Question Time
The Head of Central Access Services position will have to be posted for one week as an internal search.
 
We’ve been over burdening our minority faculty will all the searches we have going on. We have been told by OEOA that we can get a waiver if we occasionally have a search and none of the minority faculty are available.
 
Paula K. is meeting with Mike Andrechak and Dick Wheeler to discuss the Library/IT fee on June 27.
 
Paula K. will receive the ACRL Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award at ALA on Monday at 10:30am.
 
David will contact the new Provost to ask about when the Dean of Library search will begin.
 
3.                 LIS Librarian

GSLIS has agreed to fund 50% of a LIS Librarian for 3 years. This person will not spend 50% of their time in GSLIS, but will have a presence there, much like Sue Searing did.

 

4.                 10:30am – AULs

a.     Space proposals

EC discussed the space proposals with the AULs and Jeff. Sue Searing, Beth Sandore, Mary Laskowski, Lynne Rudasill and Beth Woodard will meet to discuss a plan for the space to present back to EC.

 

5.                 Title changes
EC discussed the different titles. They will bring some ideas to the Faculty meeting in July for input. David Ward, Mary Laskowski, Sarah Shreeves, and Beth Woodard will draft some suggestions about head, coordinator and assistant titles.
 
6.                 Functional Specialist Responsibilities Group
This is an issue that will be brought to the next Faculty meeting for input.
 
7.                 Divisional Structure Task Force Report
EC has not received the report.
 
8.                Strategic Plan – next steps
David and Chris will meet with the AULs for follow-up on the draft that David and Chris sent to them. Once they have input from the AULs they will send the plan to AC for its input on what projects and duties are already being done and who will take charge of the ones that have not been started.