May 7, 2012
Present: Paula Kaufman, chair, David Ward, Vice-Chair, Beth Woodard, Secretary, Paula Carns, Sarah Shreeves, Chris Prom
1. Approve minutes from April 23
2. Question Time
EC discussed where things are with filling some positions.
EC discussed having a template for job descriptions and job ads.
Beth Woodard commented on the Kerry Ann Rockquemore visit.
EC discussed a personnel issue.
3. Discuss topics for next AUL/EC meeting (5/31)
4. Replace Sue Searing on the User Education Committee
Paula will ask Sue for her suggestions.
5. Chemistry Information Services Team Final Report
EC will post the report for comments and invite Susan Avery to attend the next meeting.
6. Finish choosing external reviewers for a full professor candidate
EC finished this.
7. Hiring Plan
Once we have a new budget, Rod Allen will be invited to an EC meeting to discuss.
EC began discussion of the plan and will continue at the next meeting.
4/25/12 Approved search committee for Rare Book Conservator
4/26/12 Approved emeritus status for a retiring faculty member