Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 03-05-2012

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

March 5, 2012

1:30-3pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Beth Woodard, Secretary; Paula Carns, JoAnn Jacoby, Mary Laskowski, Chris Prom, Lynne Rudasill, Sarah Shreeves; Visitors –Beth Sandore, Jeff Schrader, Tom Teper

 

 

1.                 Approve minutes from February 6 and 27
Minutes were approved with changes.
 
2.                 1:45-2 – Beth Sandore – Media Commons Coordinator Position Description
They deliberately left out the need for library experience to make the description more wide open for a larger pool. Beth will be meeting with others to discuss the development of the media commons. They would like someone in place to help with developing the programs and facility. The target opening date is in June or early July. The group is working with Jim Hahn to target diverse candidates.
 
3.                 2-2:15 – AULs, Jeff – Major space assignments
Proposals will need to be submitted by the end of May. Paula K. will send out a call when the form is ready.
 
4.                 2:15-2:30-AULs - Innovation Fund – review applications
EC, along with the AULS, discussed the different applications. One was approved as is. Others will be contacted by different EC members with questions about their applications. EC will discuss these at another meeting.
 
5.                 Question Time
What is the policy for someone who retires and comes back half-time? The University policy states that no one can come back before 60 days and can only work up to one year.
 
Please see Reemployment of Retired Academic and Staff Employees for information on rehiring retired employees. EC expects divisions to supply proposals for coping with retirements. Faculty who wish to return after retirement must submit a request to the Dean of Libraries.
 
The title change form will be made into a web form and the information will be sent out to the faculty.
 
6.                 BIS Implementation Team Report
This will be discussed at another meeting.
 
7.                                Paper preparer for 2 associate professor promotions, 1 assistant professor; P&T editors
Paper preparers and editors were discussed. Paula K. will contact the individuals.
 
8.                 Discuss topics for next AUL/EC meeting (3/26)
Institutional Research
Reconceptualization of RPC
 
9.                 Division Structure Task Force discussion – final report

This document will be posted for input from faculty and staff.

 

 

Approved over email:

2/27 – e-Research Task Force charge

3/8 – Search waiver and search from IT fee—Web-scale discovery search

3/8 – DITPS job announcement approved

3/8 – Oak Street facilities hiring plan approved