Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee

AUL Annual Reports

Committee Charge and Membership

Innovation Fund

2017-2018 Meeting Information

Previous Documents 

Position Table
Position Request Form

Standing Policies

Executive Committee Minutes 01-26-2012

Executive Committee



January 26, 2012


428 Library


Present: Paula Kaufman, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Beth Woodard, Secretary; Paula Carns, JoAnn Jacoby, Mary Laskowski, Chris Prom, Lynne Rudasill, Sarah Shreeves; Visitors – Beth Sandore, Tom Teper, Scott Walter


 1.                  2:30-2:50-AULs

a.     Hiring Plan

AULs discussed the hiring plan with EC and helped rank the positions.

2.                 2:50-3:20-Senior leadership – Beth and Tom

Beth and Tom discussed the different AUL positions with EC. Tom will incorporate the suggestions into a document that will be posted for comments from the Library faculty and staff. After discussing any input, the position for the AUL for Services will be posted for internal candidates. Paula K. will make sure to announce this at the next faculty meeting.

3.                 3:20-3:30 – ARL e-Science Institute Report – Beth

EC discussed the charge and membership for this working group. Paula K. and Beth will finalize the membership and ask the individuals to serve.

4.                 Approve minutes from January 9

Minutes were approved with changes.

5.                 Question Time

An open session will be scheduled for late in February to discuss implementing the Strategic Plan, any questions individuals may have and moving the plan forwards.


At the February 1 faculty meeting, EC will talk about next steps for the Strategic Plan and title changes and job descriptions for faculty.


Scott Walter will be asked to prepare a document describing best practices for creating presentation topics for interviewees. Lisa Hinchliffe and the User Ed committee will be asked to prepare something similar for best practices for interviews where candidates are asked to demonstrate their teaching skills.  This will be added to the search procedure manual.

6.                 Business Information Services Feedback

EC discussed the feedback it received. Scott Walter and Becky Smith, chairs of the BIS team, will be asked to attend a future EC meeting to discuss next steps.

7.                 Subject Specialist Task Force Report Feedback

This item was deferred to another meeting.



1/13/12 – Approved Chemistry Library New Service Model Information Services Team charge with the report due April 13.