Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes 12-21-2011

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

December 21, 2011

noon-3:00pm

428 Library

 

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Beth Woodard, Secretary; Paula Carns, JoAnn Jacoby, Chris Prom, Sarah Shreeves, Greg Youngen; Visitors – Rod Allen, Mary Laskowski, Lisa Romero, Tom Teper, Scott Walter

 

1.            1:00-1:30 Search Procedures Documentation—Scott Walter

It was suggested that the committee members go through each of the documents and make comments on the individual documents before the January 9 EC meeting. They will be discussed then.

2.                 1:30-2:00 AULs (Scott Walter and Tom Teper)

a.     subject specialist expectations

EC made suggestions. Greg will update the document and then it will be posted for comments.

3.                 2:00-2:30pm – Librarian for Latin American and Caribbean Services and Collections—Lisa Romero

EC made some recommendations regarding the job description. It needs to be explicit that we are looking for someone in the social sciences and that should be added to the requirements. This person needs to collaborate with other subject specialists. This person will also be responsible for collections in English and other western languages.

 

Lisa will re-write the job description and send it to Scott Walter.


4.                 2:30-3:00 Rod Allen, discussion of budget

Rod went over last year’s budget and what we might expect in the coming fiscal year.


5.           Approve minutes from December 12

Minutes were approved with changes.


6.          Question Time

Academic hourlies and the way they are used in the Library was discussed. It was decided that this issue should be added to the next AC agenda.


7.                 Physical location of the Biomedical Librarian

The Biomedical Librarian’s home should be in SHEL, even though they may also be working in other units. The Chemistry Librarian position will be recast to include covering biomedical related subjects in the physical sciences.


8.                Vet Med NSM Report

EC will post the report for comment.


9.               PRC for faculty member

A PRC was suggested. Paula K. will contact the faculty and ask them to serve.


10.            Mortenson Advisory Committee

The committee must continue as a requirement of the Center. Barbara Ford will be asked to reappoint the current committee and let EC know if she needs additional members.


11.              Job Title Feedback

Most people are in favor of this. A second call will be made to make sure EC has a much input as possible.


12.             Chemistry Library New Service Model Team

A draft charge will be posted for comment.

 

 

Email

Visiting Help Desk Coordinator position announcement 12/15/2011