Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes January 20, 2011

Executive Committee

 

MINUTES

January 20, 2011

12:00-1:30pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, chair; Paula Carns, Karen Hogenboom; JoAnn Jacoby, Bill Mischo; Chris Prom, Sarah Shreeves; David Ward; Greg Youngen; Visiting - Jennifer Teper; Recording - Kim Matherly

 

1.                 1:00 - Jennifer Teper - staffing in Preservation

Jennifer explained that the visiting preservation position is ending April 30. Since there won't be a new head of Preservation by then, the committee agreed to allow Jennifer to focus the position on digital preservation and hire a one-year visiting position with the possibility of renewal up to three years.

 

2.                 Approve minutes from January 3

Minutes were approved with changes.

 

3.                 Question Time

Should begin working with FRC to make revisions to the Annual Report procedures for 2011.

 

Review the Reference NSM charge and bring any changes to the January 24 EC meeting.

 

Frances Jacobson has agreed to chair the Reference Implementation Team. JoAnn will meet with her and ask Frances to meet with other members from the planning team to get background information.

 

David and Bill will meet with the AULs to discuss the AUL/Director evaluation process.

 

The Committee will invite the Chairs of PTA and FRC to discuss changes to the role of PRCs that may be implemented next year.

 

4.                 Assessment Position Description - Chris

The Committee suggested some minor revisions and Paula will send it out to Libfac with a February 11 deadline for applications.

 

5.                 Data Services Task Force Charge

The Committee approved changing the task force into a permanent committee and discussed the membership.

 

6.                 Paper Preparers - establishing a group that does this every year

The Committee discussed some possible members for the group. Kim will send out the list of paper prepares from the past 10 years. The Committee will discuss this with the AULs at the January 24 meeting. It will also be brought up at the next Faculty meeting.

 

7.                 Zero Time Faculty Appointment Procedures

Greg and Karen will come up with procedures for appointing zero time faculty and bring it back to the committee.

 

8.                 Review Committees

Deferred to another meeting.