Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Minutes of the Library Executive Committee October 26, 2009

Executive Committee

MINUTES
October 26, 2009
3:30 - 5:00pm
428 Library

Present: Paula Kaufman, Chair; Bill Mischo, Vice-chair; John Wagstaff, secretary; Karen Hogenboom; JoAnn Jacoby; Michael Norman; David Ward; Kim Matherly, recording

1.  Approve October 8, 2009 Minutes

Minutes were approved with changes.

2.  Question Time

Where do all the searches stand?

Assessment - the committee is ready to arrange for interviews

Digital ISSC - in the final stages

Instructional Services - two candidates have been interviewed

Reference - early stages

The Institute of Natural Resources has interviewed two candidates for head of their Library. Once a candidate has been chosen, Melanie Loots will meet with them and Paula to discuss their collections and librarian status.

3.  Proposal to form a Repository and Scholarly Communications Technical Team

This proposal was approved.

4.  Digital Preservation Service Recommendations

These recommendations were accepted.

5.  Faculty Governance Discussion Groups

The committee discussed the membership of each group, and made some changes to the original listing. Bill Mischo will be sending out an email announcing the groups and asking them to submit a short position paper to EC. The paper should define the issues, make recommendations for improvements and indicate which should be implemented in the short term and which will take longer, and how the outcomes will be measured or assessed. The groups will be expected to produce preliminary reports by December 1. EC will then discuss and post these, for further discussion at a future Faculty meeting.

6.  Government Information Services Advisory Group Charge

The committee made some recommendations to the charge and composition. The changes will be made and sent back to Mary Mallory, chair of the group.

7.  Guideline for Investigation Time Draft

The committee discussed the draft, made some changes and approved the document.

8.  TOP request

This position was discussed. Paula will send the Stage One requirements to the Provost's Office.

9.  Visiting Librarian request

A call for applications will be sent out for Acting Head of the English Department.

10.  Title change for AP

The change was approved.

Documents relating to the October 26, 2009 meeting are available at G:\ExecutiveCommittee\Meeting Documents\2009-2010  

Parking Lot: