Position Request Form
July 17, 2009
Present: Paula Kaufman, Chair; Bill Mischo, Vice-chair; Beth Woodard, secretary; Karen Hogenboom; JoAnn Jacoby; Michael Norman; Chris Prom; Greg Youngen; Visitor -Pat Allen; Kim Matherly, recording
1. 8:30-Pat Allen - Request to fill position in ACES
Pat Allen came to the meeting to answer questions about the position he would like to fill. The committee agreed the position is critical and discussed a search committee.
2. Approve July 6, 2009 Minutes
The minutes were approved with changes.
Personnel issues were discussed.
A search committee was selected for the Media Preservation position.
Who decides what awards/grants/etc. are published and where? Heather Murphy should be made aware and she will make sure these are published. Paula will ask Heather to send out the guidelines for publishing.
4. Final Agenda for Faculty meeting
It was decided that Faculty Governance and NSM will take up the entire time.
5. O pportunities to collaborate with UIC
Paula is meeting with Mary Case and RTG to facilitate a process for more collaborations between the two. Paula will call on Lynn Wiley, Lori Mestre, the AULs, Michael Norman, and Greg Youngen to be part of these meetings.
6. Government Information Service Team Implementation Report
This report will be posted for input.
7. Stacks Services: Serials Implementation Report
This report was reviewed by the committee over email.
8. Coordinator of Library Assessment
The committee will continue this discussion.