Position Request Form
February 9, 2009
Present: Paula Kaufman, Chair; Bill Mischo, Vice-chair; Beth Woodard, Secretary; Karen Hogenboom; JoAnn Jacoby; Michael Norman; Chris Prom; John Wagstaff, Greg Youngen; Kim Matherly, recording
1. Approve January 30, 2009 Minutes
Minutes were approved with changes.
Where are we at with the Unit Head document? AC will review it at the February 16 meeting.
Will the Provost still support TOP hires? It seems that they are now looking at candidates that have been identified through a search. That doesn't preclude us from saying we would do a search but we don't have the money.
Beth Woodard has identified two possible candidates interested in Humanities.
3. Annual Review of AULs & Directors
Paula has received goals from one and draft goals from another. The committee would like to see the goals posted by March 1.
4. Faculty editors for P&T cases
Paula will contact two individuals to serve in this capacity.
5. PRC for Tenured faculty interested in becoming full in next three years
Individuals were chosen to serve in this capacity. Paula will contact them.
6. Tech Services Infrastructure Report - Michael
Michael believes the plan can be implemented by the end of June.
7. Coordinator Position Policy - JoAnn, Beth
JoAnn and Beth will have a policy to send out before the next meeting.
8. Full Professor Promotion and Tenure Recommendations - Bill, Karen
This was approved.
9. Digital Life Cycle Management Report
JoAnn will work on an implementation plan.