Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



 

Executive Committee

MINUTES

January 12, 2009

1:30-3:00pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman, Chair; Bill Mischo, Vice-chair; Karen Hogenboom; Chris Prom; JoAnn Jacoby; John Wagstaff, Beth Woodard; Greg Youngen; Kim Matherly, recording

 

1.     Approve January 5, 2009 Minutes

Approved with changes.

 

2.    Questions

Some GA appointments are being changed to nine-month appointments. The students still get a twelve-month tuition waiver. They may also be hired as grad hourlies in the summer. The Budget Group is almost done with GA allocations.

 

Obama's stimulus package may include money for capital improvements. The Library building is a priority for the campus. We will be sending an outline for a $50-$60 million project for the Library to Mike Andrechak (Associate Provost for Budgetary Planning and Oversight) in the near future. The committee also discussed asking for the next module for the Oak Street facility.

 

The bond issue is still on the campus priority list but there is no market for bonds right now. Some of the buildings included in that are the Library, ECE, and Lincoln Hall.

 

The committee discussed coordinator positions and whether they would have a similar policy as the head positions. Beth and JoAnn will draft a policy.

 

How is the HVAC work going for RBML? Paula will talk with Scott and Jeff to get an update.

 

3.    Head of Preservation

Paula will put out a call for anyone interested. Priority will be given to tenured faculty. This will be a five-year assignment. A search committee was suggested (John Wagstaff, Alvan Bregman, Betsy Kruger, chair)

 

4.    Slavic Library Update

Cherié Weible will serve as acting head of the Slavic Library until August 2010. The Library has received the SEEL consultant's report on the collection measures will be taken to implement the recommendations.

 

5.    Full Professor Promotion and Tenure Recommendations - draft from Bill and Karen

Bill and Karen will put together a cover letter, make changes and bring back to the next meeting.

 

6.    Tech Services Infrastructure Report - Michael

Deferred to next meeting.