Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes

April 14, 2008

1:30 -3:00 pm, 428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufmann, Chair; Chris Prom, Vice-Chair; Michael Norman, Secretary; Tim Cole, Cindy Ingold, Bill Mischo, Beth Woodard, John Wagstaff, Janice Pilch

 

1. Question Time

One of the Committee members asked if it is okay to remain on a Peer Review Committee while he or she is on a sabbatical. Yes. We have at least one occurrence of this happening now.

 

The Committee discussed the monies set aside for the campus rescission. There is still no news regarding the rescission. We probably won’t know additional information until late May or June. Also, there is no additional news about the FY 08/09 budget.

 

The Committee discussed a personnel issue.

 

2. Review and approval of minutes from April 11

The minutes were approved with revisions.

 

3. Rollback request

Request was approved. Paula will send a letter to the Provost.

 

4. FRC’s evaluation of 5Y candidates - continued

The Committee recommended that four of the cases move forward, with the fifth case to be addressed later because of a rollback request.

 

5. Finish selection of reviewers for P & T

The Committee finished selecting internal and external reviewers for the 5Y candidates.

 

6. New Service Model – Discussion regarding the project coordinator and issue regarding unit head when units are merged

The idea of creating a 50%-time coordinator to implement the New Service Model report was discussed. The Committee agreed that it would important to have an individual focused on planning, implementing and assessing the new plans. It will be an internal search and have an appointment of three years (no later than spring 2011). Paula will ask the Budget Plus group to submit a job description to EC and then post to LIBFAC.

 

Another related topic regarding the New Service Model report centered on choosing the unit head when combining two or more units or departments.  It was decided that EC will take each case separately.

 

7. TOPS candidates

The discussion will be continued at the next meeting.

 

8. Position request rationale document

The discussion was postponed.

 

9. Administrative Council policy for use of administrative conference space

The discussion was postponed.