Position Request Form
Library Executive Committee
January 24, 2007
12:30-2:00pm, 428 Library
Present: Karen Schmidt, Chair; Chris Prom, Vice-Chair; Cindy Ingold, Secretary; Michael Norman, Nancy O’Brien, Janice Pilch, John Wagstaff; Recording- Kim Matherly
Absent: Tim Cole, Lynne Rudasill
1. Review and Approval of Minutes from January 3 and January 8
Minutes were approved with changes.
2. Question Time
A personnel issue was discussed.
EC discussed the future of mass digitization efforts at the Library. We will invite Betsy Kruger to the February 12 EC meeting to get her input.
Karen is working on the FY08 budget with the three Associate University Librarians. She hopes to send a draft to EC and Academic Council by January 26.
3. Law Library Memorandum of Understanding
This has been signed by all parties. There were some questions that Karen will verify.
4. Editors for Promotion Papers
Names were suggested. Karen will contact the individuals to see if they will be willing to serve as editors for the next round of P&T.
5. December 1 Position Requests—continued discussion
The discussion was continued and four positions were selected. Karen will contact everyone who submitted a position request.
6. Review of Search Committee Procedural Guidelines
7. Feedback on Policy for Awarding Emeritus/Emerita Status
8. ICR Request—Ensemble Project
This will be the first agenda item at the February 5 EC meeting.