Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee

AUL Annual Reports

Committee Charge and Membership

Innovation Fund

2017-2018 Meeting Information

Previous Documents 

Position Table
Position Request Form

Standing Policies

Executive Committee Minutes

Library Executive Committee

January 8, 2007

1:30-3:00, 428 Library


Present: Karen Schmidt, Chair; Chris Prom, Vice-Chair; Cindy Ingold, Secretary; Tim Cole, Michael Norman, Nancy O'Brien, Janice Pilch, Lynne Rudasill, John Wagstaff;;  Recording- Kim Matherly


1. Question Time

There was a question about the meeting arrangements of certain divisions. Karen will contact the appropriate individuals.


EC continued its discussion of the new reporting process for annual reviews, and agreed this was a Faculty Review Committee (FRC) issue. EC recommended we discuss this at the February 6 faculty meeting.  In the meantime, Lynne Rudasill, a member of FRC, will poll the committee to see if there is consensus concerning the new process, and whether we need to set up a separate meeting to discuss this.  We also need to update our Bylaws so they conform to Communication 21: Annual Faculty Review.


Karen was asked if she had any updates about the Global Campus.  She did not. She will update the Library faculty and staff when she has more information.


2.  Women's Studies Move to Social Sciences Division


Karen had sent EC an email summarizing her meeting with the Area Studies Division (ASD) to discuss the Women and Gender Resources position moving to the Social Sciences Division (SSD). The ASD accepted the position's move to the SSD.  EC advised Karen to send an email to LIBFAC asking for input about the proposed change.


3.  ICR Request-Ensemble Project

Discussion postponed until next meeting.


4.  December 1 Position Requests-continued discussion

EC continued its discussion. We received some comments from faculty on these requests.  EC discussed in detail the positions with the highest rankings, and tentatively approved two positions. A third position was approved, pending input from another committee.  We will continue the discussion at our next meeting.


5. Review of Search Committee Procedural Guidelines

Discussion postponed until next meeting.


6. Evaluation of Visiting Faculty

EC discussed how Visiting Faculty are evaluated for annual reviews.  There is some confusion about how this is done from year to year, but Tim Cole noted that FRC has evaluated visiting faculty in all three areas at least for the last several years.  The process does need to be clearly articulated, and visiting faculty do need to know when they are hired how they will be evaluated for annual reviews.  Karen will talk to Paula about this. 


7. Feedback on Policy for Awarding Emeritus/Emerita Status

Discussion postponed until next meeting.