Library Committee Handbook

Executive Committee



Executive Committee Minutes

January 3, 2006

2:00-3:30pm

428 Library

 

Present: Paula Kaufman-chair, Lynne Rudasill-vice-chair, Chris Prom-secretary, Jane Block, Tim Cole, Cindy Ingold, Kathleen Kluegel, Nancy O’Brien, Lynn Wiley, Kim Reynolds-recording

 

1.        Review and approval of minutes from Dec 22, 2005

Minutes were approved as submitted.

 

2.        BEL Position—visitor Becky Smith

Becky Smith came to the meeting to answer questions about the position. She will rewrite the position description, based on input from the committee, and resubmit it.

 

3.        Question Time

The January 23 rd EC meeting has been cancelled.

Lynn Wiley asked about the implementation of Unicode in Voyager and when it would take place. Paula Kaufman sent an email to Susan Singleton, new director at CARLI, but has not heard back from her.

 

4.        Area Studies Proposal—Visitor Karen Wei

Karen Wei was unable to attend the meeting and will be invited to the January 9 meeting.

 

5.        Discuss Personal Annual Report

The Committee discussed several issues of concern regarding the personal annual report process. At the next meeting EC will develop a list of these concerns to send to FRC for further discussion and EC will meet with FRC in May to talk about issues and concerns and the possibility of implementing changes to address these concerns.  (EC assumes that none of the potential changes will be considered until after the current annual report cycle. EC also assumes that any substantive changes would be discussed with the Library faculty as a whole before implementation.)

 

6.        Strategic Planning

Rudasill and Kaufman worked on a combined SWOT analysis—taking information from all Division SWOTs. They also updated the planning timeline (see attached). The final deadline appears to be March 15.

 

7.        Review EC PTA Calendar-T. Cole

The EC PTA calendar has been updated.