Wednesday, August 14, 2003
Present: Paula Kaufman (chair), Lisa German, Dick Griscom, Janis Johnston, Sue Searing, Greg Youngen
1. Review and approval of EC Minutes from July 14
Approved as submitted.
2. Question Time
The letter to the Board of Trustees and the response from Chet Gardner needs to be attached to the July 14 minutes.
3. Request from T Cole for Visiting Project Coordinator for CIC OAI Project
The committee approved request.
4. CDC subcommittee appointments - Kaufman
The appointments suggested by Karen Schmidt were accepted.
5. Review committee assignments - Kaufman
Final assignments were made.
6. Appoint a peer review committee for Muhammad al-Faruque
A peer review committee was appointed.
7. Questions for EC from CPC
a. prepare and distribute widely guidelines for committee meeting
Paula will check to see if there are any campus wide guidelines.
b. replacement of B. Jones (RBSC) on the CDC
Paula will ask Bruce Swann to appoint someone.
8. IT Advisory Committee Charge
EC approved the charge and the committee for permanent status.
9. Emeritus status for a faculty member
Faculty member emeritus status was approved to go forward to Provost.
10. Electronic Resources Working Group
Paula will talk to K. Schmidt about recommending a Science representative.
11. Music User Services Coordinator position -Griscom
The Committee approved reassignment in the Library to cover crucial services.
12. Goal Setting: Role of Division Coordinators & Unit Heads
Paula will draft information to go out to Faculty.
13. Process to fill positions
The Committee will ask Heads to reaffirm or submit position requests to the committee by October 1.
14. Library Committee Appointments - Kaufman
CDC and ISCC appointments are done later in the semester after EC has made assignments. It will be suggested that those committees make their appointments earlier so EC can take them into consideration when making other committee assignments.
Several appointments were made.
15. Music User Services Coordinator position - Griscom
Dick discussed reassignment of duties. More discussion will follow, as the Committee ran out of time.