Position Request Form
Wednesday, June 25, 2003
Present: Paula Kaufman (chair), Lisa German, Dick Griscom, Janis Johnston, Bill Maher, Beth Woodard, Greg Youngen
1. Review and approval of EC minutes from June 2
2. Peer Review committee for Wendy Shelburne and Jennifer Hain (to replace Barbara Jones) -Kaufman
The Committee chose a Peer Review Committee for Shelburne and a replacement for Hain’s committee.
3. Rare Book and Special Collections position
The Committee discussed the applications that were received and will offer the interim position to the chosen faculty member.
4. Vet Med Position
Paula talked to Kathleen Pecknold. She said they didn’t have specific numbers available, but it is routine for departments to do internal searches for almost all assistant and associate head positions.
5. Election for Secretary of the Faculty -Kaufman
The Committee will recommend that NEVP go back to leaving everyone’s name on the ballot unless they have a reason to be removed and ask to be removed.
6. EC letter on Pay Date Discussion. Review the draft. -German/Griscom
The Committee reviewed the letter and suggested changes. The letter will be sent and will be posted as an attachment to the minutes.
7. Committee Handbook/Task Forces Work Groups - Kaufman
The Task Forces and Work Groups will stay within the on-line Handbook and removed and added as needed.
8. Faculty Vacancy: Undergraduate Library Instruction Coordinator
The Committee will ask Lisa Hinchliffe to come to a future meeting to discuss how this position works with her office.
9. Electronic Resources Working Group - membership
The Committee discussed the membership and will continue discussion at the next meeting.