Wednesday, 24 July 2002, 12:00-1:30
Present: Paula Kaufman(chair), Dick Griscom, Bill Maher, Beth Sandore, Sue Searing, Leslie Troutman, Beth Woodard, Greg Youngen
1. Approval of minutes of the 7 and 24 June 2002 meetings
Approved with changes.
2. Question time
CPS asked for emeritus guidelines for preparing requests. EC decided that each case will be decided on its merit.
Paula will send out a letter acknowledging faculty and APs for their contributions in a budget year without increases.
Voyager Implementation – there will be a briefing and Paula would like to acknowledging the hard work of Peggy Steele and ISCC with a reception.
3. Review long-standing agenda items
Paula and Sue will meet to go over the items and decide which will stay and which can be taken off.
4. Select promotion and tenure reviewers
Replacement reviewers were selected.
5. Make Peer-review committee appointments
Committee appointments were made for new faculty.
6. Plan for discussion with tenured faculty of peer-review committee responsibilities
Some issues to discuss at the tenured faculty meeting include the responsibilities of tenured faculty and serving on peer-review committees.
7. Review charge for the Cataloging Policy Committee
Revisions in the charge for the committees were made. EC finds the revisions appropriate and approves the charge. The revision will be sent back to Barb Henigman for any additional input.
8. Committee appointments for AY2002
More appointments were made.