Monday, 24 June 2002, 1:30-3:00
Present: Paula Kaufman(chair), Dick Griscom, Bill Maher, Beth Sandore, Leslie Troutman, Beth Woodard, Greg Youngen
1. Approval of minutes of the 7 June 2002 meeting
Deferred to next meeting.
2. Question time
The Budget group meets next week and will discuss procedures and guidelines for handling positions.
3. Peer-review committee for Joe Zumalt
A committee was suggested.
4. Potential conflict between candidate and paper preparer
The situation was discussed and a new paper preparer will be chosen.
5. Participation of PTA/FRC members as internal promotion-and-tenure references
The two committees should be consistent. FRC will conform to PTA’s recusal practice.
6. Emeritus status for Jim Williams
It was unanimous that the Provost be written a letter of request.
7. Committee appointments for AY2002
Several committee appointments were suggested.