eResearch Agenda - June 5, 2013
eResearch Implementation Committee
6/5/13 at 3pm in 308 Main
- Announcements about committee charge and committee webpages
- Discuss hosting archived June 4th DMPTool webinar
- Discuss organizing the Library Research Data Services Group
- Potential discussion questions:
- What will be the goal(s) or purpose(s) of this group?
- How will this group be distinct from the eResearch Implementation Committee, but also complementary to it?
- How will we get people involved?
- Who will lead the group?
- How often will the group meet?
- Notes from the eResearch Task Force report:
- Recommendation - Organize the Library Research Data Services group (similar to that formed by Cornell’s library, https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/rdmsgweb/Home). The purpose of initiating this group is so that the professionals across the Library who are responsible for providing eResearch support services, can develop and implement the framework and the best practices for providing those services across the Library.
- Recommendation - Establish and cultivate a Library Research Data Services group that grows into a core group of Library subject and functional experts with operational activities that shape and build Library eResearch programs, and are responsible for the Library’s interaction with the campus Research Data Service.