Web Advisory Group (WAG) - Charge
The charge of the Web Advisory Group is to:
- Act as the primary advisory body for the university publication known as the UIUC Library Web
Site, ensuring consistent style, content guidelines, and usability of all resources and services
provided through this medium.
- Respond to requests for modifications to the Library home page and Library web content
- Work closely with the Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, the User
Education Committee, and other individuals, working groups, task forces, and committees, as
appropriate, to coordinate web development activities and timing of user instruction programs.
- Coordinate and prioritize regular evaluations of the Libraries' web presence and services,
including reviewing web analytics data and user studies.
- Prioritize and schedule evaluations of the Libraries' web presence.
- Lead the requirement gathering for major upgrades to, or replacements of, the Libraries’ web
content management system.
- Provide advice and consent on web user studies during the design phase of the studies.
- Set standards for library web content consistent with University standards.
- Coordinate needs analyses as part of ongoing program of assessment of Web-based services, and
recommend improvements and/or enhancements to the University Library Web site.
- Develop and forward policy recommendations to CAPT.