CAPT (Content Access Policy & Technology) - Charge
CAPT is charged with developing a forward-looking and overarching vision for effective and
innovative user access to Library collections and resources. Its activities are concentrated in
these distinct areas:
- Articulating Library-wide content access priorities.
- Defining integrated technology-based services and programs that facilitate access to Library
collections and resources of all formats.
- Promoting the use of standard software tools, metadata schema, object formats, and data
exchange protocols to ensure that Illinois' information resources are sustainable over the long
- Prioritizing requests for Library-wide technology development projects that facilitate content
access and management to the Library IT Information Technology Prioritization and Review Working
- Appoints, coordinates, and oversees implementation groups to work on specific content access
The policies and priorities that govern CAPT's work rest on these three principles:
- Facilitating user discovery of and access to the materials in all the Library's collections,
regardless of format or location;
- Enabling integrated access to the materials in Illinois' collections via access and discovery
supported by the Library; and
- Enriching the foundation for the ongoing development of flexible, innovative, and user-friendly
content access services for the University.