Reference Services Committe - Minutes - 07/30/2013
Reference Services Committee
- Review Focus Group Summaries (David)
- Making more referrals a major common thread in discussions
- Referrals could happen sooner in the conversation – determine common types of topics to refer earlier? E.g. patents, standards, etc.
- Define patron type and question type – Graduate Student? Honor’s thesis?
- Lynne and Bill will come up with best practices bullet list to add to Referral guide and training for Hubs
- READ training –David will work with other Hubs and make sure everyone gets training
- Start collecting data on research guides and report out
- Include as part of reference snapshot
- Also Easy Search stats
- Desk Tracker categories – do at another Fall meeting
- Instructional videos – future meeting
- ARL Reference Statistics Discussion (Jen)
- Determining category for Reference/Info-Directional
- Decided to score everything without a Question Type of Direction/Hours or Tech Problems as reference