Click here for a PDF of Nate's Code Camp Survival Guide!
Library APIs and Developer Sites
- MINRVA repackages library resources in a streamlined manner ready for mobile app use.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the data Minrva uses, the Minrva modules all depend on web services. These custom-built web services are called Minrva Services and are implemented RESTfully.
Available Library Study Rooms
Parameters: month, day, hour
- Send first; hour is duration, valid values are 1 or 2
- Returns a list of times
- Send second - feed this a time from the first call above, and it will return a list of rooms available at that time
- Time format is HH:MM(space)am or pm
Get Bib Record Web Service
Other APIs and Developer Sites
Engineering Lab Computer Availability (EWs Labs)
goodreads API - API Key required
- The Goodreads API allows access to Goodreads data in so book related websites can be be more personalized, social, and engaging.
Google Books API
Google Maps API
HathiTrust Data API
HathiTrust Data API documentation: http://www.hathitrust.org/documents/hathitrust-data-api.pdf
MTD Developer Resources - API Key required
- Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District's API to get bus, bus routes and bus stop data.
- Registration required to get API keys.
Open Library RESTful API
- Open Library's motto is one page for every book and hopes to build a wiki for all books. No key required to use their API.
The New York Times Developer Network - API Keys required
API Documentation and tools. Registration is require to receive API keys. There are several APIs (Best Sellers, Real Estate, Congress, etc.) and each requires its own key. Step one: go to the overview page and register (upper right corner), Step two: go to the Keys page and request the keys you want.