Advertising 491 (Nelson)
Advertising Analysis Resources
Remember to bring your I-Card when requesting these resources!
1. Advertising Rates and Data:
SRDS TV & Cable Media (available online)
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. Includes cost per point estimates.
SRDS Radio Media (available online)
- Provides market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks.
SRDS Newspaper Media (available online)
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspapers. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Consumer Magazine Media (available online)
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Out of Home Media (available online)
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls.
SRDS Digital Websites (available online)
- Lists Online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more.
Marketer's Guide to Media or Thumbnail Media Planner
- Both sources list current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Includes broadcast and cable television, radio, out-of-home, magazines, newspapers, and online media. ("Average" costs for television and radio advertising are provided.)
2. Consumer and Product Information:
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst (available online)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
New Strategist Books
(sources are located on the Adv. Bookcase)
The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
- The Millenials, 4th edition
- Who's Buying Information and Consumer electronics, 3rd edition
- Who's Buying Information Products and Services, 4th edition
- Who's Buying Entertainment, 7th edition
3. Company / Product Information
(sources available via the Library website)
- Includes demographic info on consumers and products
- Includes demographic info on media use and products)
- Includes information on companies and products. Provides descriptions of companies and industries, news stories, significant developments, competitors reports, strengths and weaknesses and, peer analysis.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
Wall Street Journal
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
Can"t find what you need? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8 am-11 pm; Fri: 8 am-5 pm; Sat: 1-5 pm; Sun: 1-11 pm