Advertising 483 (Hayes)
Remember to bring your I-Card when requesting these resources!
1. Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Includes information on companies and products. Provides descriptions of companies and industries, news stories, significant developments, competitors reports, strengths and weaknesses, and peer analysis.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
Wall Street Journal
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Identifies articles on business, finance, and management topics from regional, U.S. and international publications.
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products.
2. Demographic Information
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst (available online, requires Internet Explorer)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market. AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
MRI / Mediamark (available online)
- Includes demographic and marketing data on consumers, products, and media.
Mintel (available online)
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products
3. Advertising Rates and Data: (sources are located behind the library's reference desk)
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. <<Does not include advertising rates.>>
- Provides: market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. <<Does not include advertising rates.>>
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspaper. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Out of Home Advertising Source (available online)
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls. NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
SRDS Interactive Advertising Source (available online)
- Lists online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more. NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Call number: 302.230973 T42
Can't find what you need? Email us at: comlibrarian@ library.illinois.edu. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30a-11p; Fri 8:30a-5p; Sat 11a-5p; sun 1p-11p