Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Identifies articles on business, finance, and management topics from regional, U.S. and international publications.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Includes annual reports and sales info on companies.
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products.
- Includes information on companies and products. Provides descriptions of companies and industries, news stories, significant developments, competitors reports, strengths and weaknesses, and peer analysis.
Wall Street Journal
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
Online Style Guides
APA, Chicago , & MLA
- Find information and links to the most common citation styles and guidelines for using these
Note: How to cite MRI/Mediamark Report:
GfK Mediamark Research & Intelligence. (2009, Fall Product Report).
Fast food & drive-in restaurants bought at last 6 months total.
Base: Adults. Retrieved from MRI Mediamark Reporter database.
10 Step How-To for Searching Online Databases
MRI / Mediamark (available online)
- Includes demographic and marketing data on consumers, products, and media.
How to Read a Mediamark Report
MRI Data Methodology FAQ
Mintel (available online)
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
PRIZM (available online)
- Helps you evaluate market segments
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst (available online, requires Internet Explorer)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
VALS (available online)
- VALS consulting provides clients with tailored marketing strategies for targeting, positioning, and communications—real-world, real-time, actionable strategies. VALS assists marketers and advertisers gain a fresh perspective by getting "into the heads" of customers; create consumer profiles or personas; and understand the distinct communications styles of targets.
Can't find what you need? Email us at: comlibrarian@ library.illinois.edu. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8 am-11 pm; Fri: 8 am-5 pm; Sat: 11 am-5 pm; Sun: 1-11pm