Audience Analysis Resources
Remember to bring your I-Card when requesting these resources!
1. Advertising Rates and Data: (sources are located behind the library's reference desk)
SRDS TV & Cable Advertising Source
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. <<Does not include advertising rates.>>
SRDS Radio Advertising Source
- Provides: market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. <<Does not include advertising rates.>>
SRDS Newspaper Advertising Source
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspaper. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Consumer Magazine Advertising Source
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Out of Home Advertising Source (available online)
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls. NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
SRDS Interactive Advertising Source (available online)
- Lists online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more. NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
Marketer's Guide to Media
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Includes broadcast and cable television, radio, out-of-home, magazines, newspapers, and online media. <<"Average" costs for television and radio advertising are provided.>>
Thumbnail Media Planner
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media.
2. Demographic Information
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst (available online, requires Internet Explorer)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market. AVAILABLE ONLINE AT COMM LIBRARY WEBSITE
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
MRI / Mediamark (available online)
- Includes demographic and marketing data on consumers, products, and media.
Mintel (available online)
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products
3. Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Includes information on companies and products. Provides descriptions of companies and industries, news stories, significant developments, competitors reports, strengths and weaknesses, and peer analysis.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
Wall Street Journal
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Identifies articles on business, finance, and management topics from regional, U.S. and international publications.
- Includes demographic (U.S. as well as international) information on consumers and products.