Downloading and Classroom Use
You can record satellite news content by following these steps:
Note: you will need your I-Card and a flash drive. Flash drives are available for checkout if needed. Click here to check their availability!
Library Staff will be happy to assist you! Please let us know if you are working on a larger project that may require scheduling or access to specific programming!
- Provide your flash drive to Library staff and they will set you up to download. A 60 minute recording will require roughly 1 gig of space on your flash drive.
- Head downstairs to the lower level of the Communications Library and TV #6.
- You will see a keypad, use this to start and stop recording.
- Using a remote, change the TV to the desired channel (you will be provided with a channel list).
- Once you are ready to record, simply press the record button.
- When you are ready to stop, simply press the stop button.
- After you're finished recording you may retrieve your flash drive from the staff at the front desk.
- After you've plugged your flash drive drive into your computer, you will see the recorded satellite news content. Windows Media Player, SM Player, and VLC Media Player are all capable of playing the recorded content.
Click here for a youtube video that contains instructions on how to download news content