- Register for SciFinder Web Version
Follow the instructions for registration. You MUST use an email address for registration with the suffix “illinois.edu” in order to register. You must also connect to SciFinder Web via a University of Illinois IP address. After you submit the form, CAS will send you an e-mail message with instructions for completing the registration process.
- Login to SciFinder Web: https://scifinder.cas.org
- Java Plug-in for Structure Searching
- How-to Guide and Tutorial (from SciFinder)
- Guide to SciFinder (from Chemistry Library)
- Instructions for Setting up a "Keep Me Posted Alert"
- You can use SciFinder Web from locations off campus with a VPN connection or by the proxy connection from the Chemistry Library Web page.
- If you have trouble registering to use SciFinder, please contact Chemical Abstracts Service at email@example.com. They can reset your password and make any necessary changes to your registration information.
About SciFinder Web
- SciFinder Web provides bibliographic and patent information from Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) from 1907 to the present. It is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Please see the SciFinder official Web site for more information about SciFinder Web. In order to search SciFinder Web, you must be a current affiliate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and you must register for a SciFinder Web account. In addition, you must read and agree to the license agreement set forth by CAS.
- Note: The Client version of SciFinder was discontinued at UIUC on November 16, 2009.