Please note: these policies refer only to the conference room and group study room. Small (four people maximum) study rooms are for walk-in use only and may not be reserved.
(Read these instructions before you Go directly to the Room Reserve system.)
Room Availability & Policy
- The conference room and group study room are available during any regular library open hours. Patrons with reservations immediately at opening or until closing should plan a five minute margin when they may not have access to the room due to regular opening or closing procedures.
- Use of the conference room is subject to approval by Chemistry Library staff (see procedures below). Chemistry- and library-related purposes receive priority. Undergraduates should reserve the large group study room unless they have a need for the videoconferencing or presentation equipment.
- The maximum reservation length for the conference room is 4 hours; for the group study room, the maximum length is 2 hours. If you feel an extension is necessary, please contact Chemistry Library staff.
- Reservations require an active I-Card. You will be asked for your library number when you make the reservation: this is the 14-digit number starting with 20111 on the lower-right hand side of the newer blue I-Cards.
- Reservations must be made online at least 24 hours in advance. If you need to make a reservation at the last minute, you will be able to do so by coming to the library and filling out a form.
- You may cancel a reservation at any time by following the link sent to you in the original email confirming the receipt of your reservation request. Please save this email so that you will be able to cancel at any time leading up to the reservation if your plans change.
Making a One-Time Reservation
- Go to the Room Reservation system and select the Chemistry Library Conference Room or Group Study Room as appropriate from the menu under the calendar on the left side of the screen.
- The screen will open to a default view, but you may choose day, week, or month views, or use the monthly calendar on the left side of the screen to navigate to the desired date. If you are on the week or month view, click on the day you want to make a reservation.
- The day view will show all available hours. You will need to select each 30-minute block you want to include in your reservation. You will not be able to select times that have already been scheduled or requested.
- After you have selected your times, click "Continue" at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter all required information. For the conference room, please be sure to include a note on the Chemistry- or library-related purpose of your reservation, and note if you will use the videoconferencing or teleconferencing equipment for the first time.
- When all information is entered, click "Verify Request." You will receive an email confirming your request, and another email once the request has been approved or denied. If you feel like your request was denied when it should not have been, please contact library staff about the reason for your reservation.
Making a Recurring Reservation
- Recurring reservation policy: For the conference room, faculty and staff (including graduate students) may make recurring reservations for up to the length of a semester (subject to approval). For the group room, anyone can make a recurring reservation, but there is a much smaller limit on the number of recurrances. Faculty and staff (including graduate students) may request an exception for a semester-long series by contacting the Chemistry Library staff directly (for example, for Chemistry TA office hours).
- Go to the Room Reservation system and select the Chemistry Library Conference Room or Group Study Room from the menu under the calendar on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the "Search/Recurring" tab at the top-right side of the screen in order to make a recurring reservation.
- Enter the search and recurring reservation criteria on the left side of the screen. Be sure to choose the correct location for the reservation.
- You may search for the availability of a particular time on a regular basis, or you may search for available blocks of time: for example, you could search for Mondays 2-4PM for 5 consecutive weeks or you could search for any 2 hour slot available on a weekly basis for the next 5 weeks.
- Click on "Search." The results will show available dates that meet your criteria. If you have not already specified a start and end time, then select the start time in a drop-down menu. The end time will automatically fill based on the length of appointment requested.
- If you have requested a particular time for your recurring reservation and the conference room is only available on some of the requested dates, you will see a list of all requested dates. You will need to select the dates listed as unavailable and remove them in order to confirm the reservation for the other dates.
- When making a recurring reservation, the system may in some cases allow you to reserve a time when the library is closed for a holiday. If you make this reservation request, a library staff member will cancel the dates the library is closed and accept the request for the other dates. This is not a problem, but you may receive multiple accept/reject emails regarding the reservation series.
- Once you have chosen your reservation dates and times, click "Select" and enter all required information on the request info screen. For the conference room, please be sure to include a note on the Chemistry- or library-related purpose of your reservation, and note if you will use the videoconferencing or teleconferencing equipment for the first time.
- When all information is entered, click "Verify Request." You will receive an email confirming your request, and another email once the request has been approved or denied.
If you run into problems, please contact the Chemistry Library by email or call us at 217-333-3737.