Installing OCLC Macros
Macro Installation Instructions
Installing your macros
These are instructions for adding an .mbk file containing one or more OCLC Connexion macros to your macro folder.
- Download an .mbk file by right-clicking on the link, and choosing "Save as" or "Save Target as"
- Make sure that the file has an .mbk extension -- some browsers automatically change the extension to .html. If your browser has done this, change the file's extension back to .mbk.
- Move the .mbk file to your macros folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\OCLC\Connexion\Program\Macros.
- Open Connexion client.
- When you go to the Manage Macros screen (Tools > Macros > Manage), you should see a folder with the same name as your .mbk file.
- Inside that folder, you should see your new macros. Congratulations! Your macros are now loaded into OCLC Connexion, and will be accessible to you each time you open the client.
Creating keyboard shortcuts for your macros
Once you have your macros loaded into the correct folder, you can create a keyboard shortcut to run your macros more easily.
- Within OCLC Connexion client, go to Tools > Keymaps.
- Make sure "Macro" is selected in the "Display Commands for Category" box.
- Select your macro from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Click inside the "Press New Shortcut Key" box.
- Press the key combination you wish to use to run the macro.
- Press assign. You will now be able to run this macro by simply pressing the key combination you selected in step 5.
Macro Source Code