"Send to mobile" functionality in Classical Music Library and other ASP products
We now have "Send-to-Mobile" functionality in Music Online, including all of the individual streaming music collections and some items in Opera in Video. This functionality will follow in all of our streaming video collections later this year.
What this means is that you can now send an audio track, video track, album, or playlist from our streaming collections to your mobile device to listen to later. The item that you send stays on your device for 48 hours.
Go to any of our streaming music databases and look for a cell phone icon ("Send-to-Mobile") next to each track, album, or playlist. Wherever you see that icon you can click it and obtain a “shortlink” to send and enable playback on your mobile device.
We provide several methods to send this link:
* We can send a text message to your mobile.
* We can email the link to your email address, which you can pick up on your mobile.
* You can enter the link URL manually into your mobile's web browser.
* On supported devices you can scan a QR-Code directly from your computer screen. You will need to download a QR-Code reader application to do so.
At this time, this functionality is supported on:
* Apple iPhone on 3G network or better
* Mobile Device with Android OS
Shortlinks cannot be accessed outside of your institution network after 48 hours but will still be usable within it.
For more information please visit the Help page at http://muco.alexanderstreet.com/help/view/using_your_mobile_device