September 12, 2005
New requirement to submit many grants through Grants.gov
Effective October 1, 2005, many, if not all, federal proposals must be submitted through grants.gov. Many agencies have already been using grants.gov for selected submissions. In order to download the application package from grants.gov, a copy of the Pure Edge Viewer must be installed on your computer. The link can be found near the bottom of left-hand side of the page at the following link: http://www.grants.gov/Apply
Some general information to note regarding submissions to Grants.gov:
1. The grants.gov system is a portal only and will not store or house the proposals. It is simply used as a vehicle for submission.
2. Individual users do not need any special registration to download application packages or search for opportunities.
3. Only one person can work on the proposal at a time.
4. When filling out the forms on grants.gov, any field shown in yellow must contain information, even if N/A.
5. Please be sure that all forms have been moved to the "Mandatory Completed Documents for Submission" section prior to sending the file on cd for upload.
Posted by sharum at September 12, 2005 11:42 AM