APA Publication Manual -- 6th edition!
Two copies are available in our Education Reference area and one is available in Education Reserves. Other libraries on campus also have copies.
Call #029Am4p 2010
What’s New in the Sixth Edition?
Book has been updated to acknowledge and incorporate advances in computer technology.
* New discussions of the creation, submission, and storage of supplemental data.
* New guidelines for referencing electronic sources.
* New and expanded reference examples for a variety of on-line sources.
* Redesigned APAstyle website, expanded to provide tutorials, on-line courses, and other resources for learning APA style.
Book has been reorganized and streamlined for ease of use
* Organized to describe the writing process from idea to publication, it begins with background information on ethical issues in publishing, then moves on to manuscript structure and content, then writing style and rules, then graphics and references, then guidance on working with the publisher.
* Sample paper section has been moved up and featured to better exemplify manuscript structure and content
* Like discussions have been moved to one place in the book, with discussions of function followed by instruction on form.
Focus has been broadened to include readers in the behavioral and social sciences.
* Information specific to APA has been moved to the web, where it is more broadly accessible and can be updated frequently.
* New examples throughout the book have been drawn from publications in education, business, and nursing as well as psychology.
Key to this edition of the Publication Manual is an updated and expanded Web presence.
Visit APAstyle.org to
* Look up additional supplemental material keyed to the book
* Test your knowledge of APA Style with a free tutorial on style basics
* Learn about the changes in the sixth edition with a free tutorial reviewing key revisions
* Sign up for an on-line course to enrich and enhance your understanding of APA Style
* Read the APA Style blog and share your comments on writing and referencing
* Consult frequently asked questions to sharpen your understanding of APA Style
* Examine additional resources on such topics as ethics, statistics, and writing
* Familiarize yourself with submission standards for APA books and journals