June 2, 2011
The National Academies Press Makes All PDF Books Free to Download
As of today all PDF versions of books published by the National Academies Press will be downloadable to anyone free of charge. This includes a current catalog of more than 4,000 books plus future reports produced by the Press. The mission of the National Academies Press (NAP) -- publisher for the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, and National Research Council -- is to disseminate the institutions' content as widely as possible while maintaining financial sustainability.
Among the recent books that may be of interest...
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: Eighth Edition (2010)
- On Being a Scientist:A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research: Third Edition (2009)
- A New Biology for the 21st Century (2009)
- Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements (2006)
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory: Handling and of Chemical Hazards, Updated Version (2011)
- Status of Pollinators in North America (2007)
- The Value of Genetic and Genomic Technologies:Workshop Summary (2010)
Posted by Katie Newman at June 2, 2011 9:48 AM