January 13, 2009
Spring Savvy Researcher Workshops
The Savvy Researcher Workshops are starting up again.
See the listing:
These workshops are geared to graduate students in all disciplines, but post-docs, faculty and other researchers are also welcome to attend.
They are designed to be:
* small class size
* quick paced
* one-hour sessions
Among the topics of possible interest to biologists:
* Library Research Skills
* The Grad Student Toolkit
* Drowning in Data? RefWorks can Help
* Journal Impact Factors: How to Identify Key Research in Your Field
* Where's the Money? Finding and Securing Grant Funding
* Responsible Scholarship Practices: Plagiarism and Academic Integrity at Illinois
* Your Research Rights: Ownership Awareness to Maximize the Impact
* Practical Copyright: Considerations for Teaching and Research
* Past Writer's Block
For registration information, please visit:
and click on the link for the date and time of the workshop(s) you want to attend.
Co-sponsored by the Graduate College
Posted by Katie Newman at January 13, 2009 5:23 PM