January 4, 2007
McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology -- Online!
We've just gained online access to AccessScience: McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology Online.
This is the online equivalent of the latest version of the classic McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology.
AccessScience contains more than 8,500 articles written for students, researchers, and the general public. More than 5,000 scientists have contributed to the Encyclopedia — including 35 Nobel Prize winners. Articles are brought to life by 13,000 high-quality illustrations and rich media content. AccessScience may be searched by keyword or browsed by subject discipline.
Look for these important features in AccessScience...
- full search capabilities of the latest edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology
- new trends and developments in science and technology ("Research Updates") from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology
- access to 110,000+ definitions from The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms
- biographies of scientists
- late-breaking science and technology news
- bibliographies containing more than 28,000 literature citations
- links to evaluated related web sites
- learning resources and study guides
- added illustrations, animations, and image galleries
- questions answered in a weekly Q&A
- and much more
Find the link to this and other electronic journals and reference materials in the Library's Online Research Resource.
Or, you may want to browse Electronic Reference Books for the Life Sciences for other dictionaries and encyclopedias.
Posted by Katie Newman at January 4, 2007 5:10 PM