December 2, 2005
RefWorks Training Sessions
[Sorry! all these sessions are full... but there will be more held in January / February. Stay tuned!]
Passing along an announcement from the Library's Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, Lisa Hinchliffe about some RefWorks training that's available. See below.
But first, a couple of words about RefWorks!
Many of you are familiar with EndNote, but I'd like to urge you to consider telling your students about RefWorks. (Some faculty have already made the switch, too!) Some of it's features:
- It is free to all at UIUC ($upported by Library and CITES)
- It is web based, so you don't need to update the program, and aren't tied to one computer for your references
- Multiple users can share an account -- so everyone in a lab could contribute to and use a common database of references. Of course, you can have multiple accounts too -- so one to share, and others that you alone use.
- Like EndNote, RefWorks has a "Write and Cite" feature, that lets you painlessly select references from your RefWorks account for inclusion in papers that you are using Word to write.
- Also like EndNote, RefWorks will format your Word document citations and references according to a multitude of different publication styles.
- EndNote libraries can be imported into RefWorks, and vice versa.
**** Training Announcement ****
Fulfill Your New Year's Resolution Early!
Put Your Research in Order with RefWorks Citation Software
RefWorks, a Web-based service, allows faculty members and students to create customized databases using online resources and automatically format the content and bibliographies of their papers. (http://www.library.uiuc.edu/refworks/) It also provides quick search and advanced search functions. Keep track of your research citations, notes, etc.
Workshops will be held in Undergraduate Library Room 291 multiple times in December! Register at: http://22.214.171.124/evanced/lib0/eventcalendar.asp
Questions? Email Lisa Hinchliffe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
434 Main Library
1408 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, Illinois 61801
Posted by Katie Newman at December 2, 2005 3:09 PM