September 24, 2004
Safari Books Online Includes Bioinformatics Books
Safari Books Online is a continuously updated online library that features the most-frequently requested Information Technology (IT) titles, including the latest publications from:
* Adobe Press
* Addison Wesley Professional
* Cisco Press
* Microsoft Press
* New Riders
* O'Reilly (including the "in a nutshell" books)
* Peachpit Press
* Prentice Hall PTR
* Sam's Publishing.
Our subscription currently includes 520 titles that will be especially useful to computer science, library science, and other IT students and faculty.
Safari is now listed in the UIUC Library Online Research Resources site as "Safari". Additionally, all the individual titles for these books are now listed in the UIUC Online Library Catalog, too. To browse a listing of them, please click here or search for "Safari Tech Books Online" in the Catalog.
When you get to the Safari site, search for words in the titles or full text of books, or browse by category.
A few of the books that may be of interest to you... [list updated 9/2008]
- Bioinformatics Computing, by Bryan Bergeron (Prentice Hall PTR, 2002)
- Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills, by Cynthia Gibas, Per Jambeck (O'Reilly, 2001)
- Mastering Perl for Bioinformatics, by James Tisdall (O'Reilly, 2003)
- Nanotechnology: A Gentle Introduction to the Next Big Idea, by Mark Ratner, Daniel Ratner (Prentice Hall PTR, 2002)
- Nanoconvergence: The Unity of Nanoscience, Biotechnology, Information Technology, and Cognitive Science, by William Sims Bainbridge (Prentice Hall, 2007)
- Nanotechnology: Science, Innovation, and Opportunity by Lynn E. Foster (Prentice Hall, 2005)
- Open Sources 2.0, by Chris DiBona et al (O'Reilly, 2005)
- Bioinformatics in the Post-Genomic Era Genome, Transcriptome, Proteome, and Information-Based Medicine, by Jeff Augen (Addison Wesley, 2004)
- Biometric Authentication: A Machine Learning Approach, by S. Y. Kung et al (Prentice Hall, 2004)
- Perl by Example, 4th edition, by Ellie Quigley (Prentice Hall, 2007)
- Sequence Analysis in a Nutshell, by Scott Markel et al (O'Reilly, 2003)
- Easy Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, by Sherry Kinkoph (Que, 2003)
- Beautiful Code, by Andy Oram (O'Reilly, 2007)
- BLAST, by Ian Korf et al (O'Reilly, 2003)
- Access Cookbook, 2nd Edition, by Andy Baron, Ken Getz, Paul Litwin (O'Reilly, 2004)
- Photoshop 7 Power Shortcuts, by Michael Ninness (New Riders Publishing, 2003)
You'll also find books on PERL; Dreamweaver; Photoshop; Microsoft Access; Microsoft Word; Powerpoint; Excel; Flash; PageMaker; Programming languages (C, C++, Active X, Java, Visual Basic, PalmPilot, etc.); XML; HTML; Security.... You name it!
Tip: Use Safari's advanced search mode for maximum searching flexibility!
Posted by at September 24, 2004 6:54 PM