August 4, 2006
Hamb's Hot Five # 5
Please feel free to comment on any of the stories listed or if you think another news story should have been posted then please post that in the comments as well.
Now on to Hamb’s Hot Five…
1. The Deleting Online Predators Act (DOPA) cleared in Congress last week by a vote of 410 to 15 last week. If the Act is passed, many public schools and libraries will be required to limit access to the webs most popular sites: blogs, wikis, and social networks. Read more here.
2. Mozilla Firefox has acquired 15% of the browser market share in less than 2 years. Mozilla recently celebrated the 200 millionth Firefox download. Read more here.
3. Apple plans to offer Ipod integration in most 2007 model Ford, GM and Mazda automobiles. Read more here.
4. On Thurday Apple Computer said 2002 - 2005 financial statements should “no longer be relied upon” due to accounting errors. Stock already down 5 percent by noon on Friday. Read more here.
5. AOL plans to cut 25% of its workforce by early next year due to new business model. Read more here.