Online Sales Indexes
- Art Sales Catalogues On-line A full-text database of the catalogues in Lugt's Rèpetoire des catalogues des ventes publiques. Covers the period from 1600–1926. The user can search by Lugt number, year of sale, place of sale, provenance, auction house, content, and even the libraries who hold the printed auction catalogs.
- Artnet A database which lists auction sale results of over 180,000 artists ranging from Old Masters to Contemporary Artists. The database goes back to 1985 and often includes a color thumb nail of the work of art which can be enlarged. The images are accompanied by information on each work including artist, title, date, medium, size, where sold, estimated and actual selling price. Click “Login” for access.
- Getty Provenance Index Databases Indexes European archival documents and sales catalogs, and American and British Public Collections to facilitate research into the provenance of pre-twentieth-century art works.
- SCIPIO Catalogs art auction and rare book catalogs for sales from the late-sixteenth century to scheduled auctions not yet held. Records include the dates and places of sales, the auction houses, sellers, institutional holdings, and titles of works.
- Click here for Sales Records in Print - This listing includes both current records and retrospective records.