Main Library Room 314 (Library Instructional Space) Usage Guidelines
Library Room 314 is a library instructional space that has 15 computers for
student use. In addition, there is wireless access available as well as Ethernet connections.
Guidelines for using the equipment in the lab are available at the instructor's station in the
front of the room.
Primary use of space:
- As a teaching lab, the first priority of usage is librarian-led or co-led instruction or
training events. This lab is NOT available for non-library led classes.
- The lab is NOT intended for sequential use (daily, weekly, or monthly meetings) of the same
- Priority usage is for classes that need to make use of computer based resources.
- If not scheduled for instruction, brown bags may be scheduled during the noon hour. See Library
Employee Food and Drink policy :
- If not scheduled for instruction, meetings requiring the use of technology may be booked no
earlier than ten days prior.
- This space may be reserved as supervised lab space during the late afternoon and early evening
hours. If a librarian needs the room for instruction, the scheduled lab time will be suspended and
rescheduled for that session. The person scheduling the lab hours is responsible for
supervising the space or designating someone to supervise the space.
Reserving the space:
- The room schedule can be viewed in the Outlook Calendar as
Library - Main – 314 – Lab.
- Requests should be made through the Outlook Calendar or by contacting
- Meetings may be requested no earlier than ten days prior to the actual meeting time to allow
for accommodation of instruction requests. Meetings in this room should be limited to those
Food and drink policy:
- All brown bag lunch events must pertain to library business and led by a Library employee.
- Food and drink may only be consumed at the tables in the center of the room. Food may not be
eaten at the computer workstations.
- All eating surfaces must be wiped down after each event that serves food and drink. There are
cleaning supplies and trash bags in the file cabinet behind the instructor station.
- All spills must be cleaned up immediately, if on the floor or furniture the Office of Library
Facilities must be notified immediately, if on the computer equipment Library IT must be notified
- After three incidents/complaints of non-compliance to the policy regarding food and drink, the
314 policy will be revised to not allow food and drink in the room during events. There will
be no exceptions.
Should food or drink be spilled in 314, please adhere to the following procedure:
The responsible party should contact (by telephone or in person) the staff in 230 Main Library,
submit an OTRS ticket for Facilities.
The telephone numbers for the Office of Library Facilities:
- Facility Emergency (Day 8am-5pm, M-F): Library Facilities: 217-333-0317
- Facility Emergency (Night and Weekend): Facilities & Services 217-333-0340, then dial 0 for
Campus Police Dispatch.
Only contact Library IT if computer equipment has been involved in a spill. Log a ticket through
OTRS specifying the machine name that was affected.
Using the room:
- The key is available at the Main Library Circulation Desk and may be checked out there prior to
a scheduled class. You will need your i-card to check out the key. The key is available for
checkout the hours that the Main Library is open.
- The room is to remain locked at all times.
- When your class is completed:
- Make sure the projector is turned off.
- Close any open applications on the computers.
- Push in chairs.
- Pick up stray papers and other materials.
- Wipe the whiteboards clean for the next user.
- Turn off all the lights.
- LOCK BOTH DOORS.
- Return key to the Circulation Desk.
email@example.com if you experience any issues
with Room 314 Library. Please let us know if the software is not working for any reason as well as
if you notice that the room needs more cleaning supplies, whiteboard markers, or cleaner.