Library Employee Food & Drink Procedures
These procedures, guidelines, and exceptions clarify and supplement the
Employee Food and Drink Policy with regards to the use of shared spaces for events involving
- Food and drink may be brought into spaces only for activities that pertain directly to the
Library (e.g., professional development sessions for employees; meetings of subject liaisons with
other campus faculty).
- Food and drink may only be placed on tables and/or serving carts in the room.
- The event organizer is responsible for seeing that eating surfaces (the table) are wiped down
and carpeted floors are vacuumed after each event at which food and drink are provided.
- All food, drink and associated containers must be disposed of in the waste
- The event organizer is responsible for seeing that waste basket(s)
are emptied in the loading dock dumpster following the event.
- All spills must be cleaned up immediately.
- If a spill occurs on the floor or furniture the Office of Library Facilities must be notified
immediately at 217-333-0317.
- If a spill occurs on the computer equipment Library IT must be notified immediately at
- After three incidents/complaints of non-compliance to the policy regarding food and drink, the
space policy will be revised to not allow food and drink in specified rooms during events. No
exceptions will be made.