Digital Archives Assistant
This position is responsible for digital archives services related to archival materials held by the University of Illinois Archives. The position works under the direction of the assistant university archivist and collaborates with other archives and digital preservation faculty and staff and is available as an undergraduate hourly, graduate hourly, or academic hourly position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organizing archival materials using standard file management tools.
· Generating access copies of those materials using instructions supplied by the archives/library
· Developing and maintaining descriptive records using the ‘Archon’ database and Medusa collection registration
· Staging materials for deposit into archival preservation and access systems
· Advising on potential workflow improvements
· Assisting with the development of workflow/process documentation
· Contributing actively to occasional planning meetings.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to write/communicate clearly and accurately
· Demonstrated experience with content management systems and file systems
· Commitment to uphold archival requirements for confidentiality/privacy
· Coursework or degree in digital curation, preservation, archival science
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Experience working in an archives or in a job requiring digital preservation/curation skills
Apply to: Assistant University Archivist and Associate Professor Christopher J. Prom. firstname.lastname@example.org