Center for Global Studies
Graduate Assistant 33%, Center for Global Studies
9 Month Contract – AY 2016-17
The Graduate Assistant (GA) will work closely with the Global Studies Librarian and others at the Center for Global Studies to provide support for the development of collections, services and publishing activities related to Global Studies Collections and Services unit of the International and Area Studies Library. This is a 33% graduate assistantship for Fall 2016, with possible opportunity for renewal.
- Support the development of library web resources and web pages in the related areas of global studies
- Assist in the development and updating of social media sites and websites
- Assist in editorial development and review of publications for deposit into the IDEALS institutional repository, the Center for Global Studies information resources, and affiliated undergraduate journal publications.
- Various other duties as assigned which include the opportunity to engage in collection development, instruction and workshops targeted at K-12, community college students and instructors, the university community, and a world-wide audience.
- Assist with the collection of data points for reporting to the Department of Education Title VI program.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Basic competency in web page editing and creation including CSS.
- Experience using Photoshop or similar software for publication purposes.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of or experience with the publishing process.
- Curiosity and willingness to explore new areas of information outreach.
Submit a cover letter, brief resume and the names and addresses of three references to Steve Witt firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15, 2016 for full consideration. Please feel free to use this same email if you have any questions.